Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

G2000 printing colors are way off

I've had a G2000 for a good while now, but have been using it only for b&w documents - been awhile since I printed a color pic - but what is supposed to be red is coming out a sickly yellow-green and my grey is a weird blue-green.  My ink bins are all at least halfway full.  Troubleshoot says I don't need a driver update.  Any ideas?  Thanks.   (The "ACK" in the pic is supposed to be red, and the color of the bit of werewolf you can see should be slate grey)IMG_0001(0).jpg

New Contributor

Re: G2000 printing colors are way off

My computer is using Windows 10.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

Normally some color ink is used even when printing B&W, but environmental factors, heat, humidity, etc can also affect delivery.  If you have only been printing B&W documents, its possible some of your inks or nozzels might have dried up or become partially clogged.

Try performing a print head cleaning, then a nozzle check pattern and see if this helps.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixima Pro-100
Reputable Contributor

You mention printing mostly black and white documents. Is it possible that you have made some changes in the printer's driver settings to optimize for text or B&W printing?

New Contributor

After 2 regular nozzle cleanings, with no magenta coming through at all, I executed a deep cleaning and that did the trick!  Thank you very much.

New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, but, no, it appears my magenta nozzle had clogged up.  I appreciate the input!