cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update error

syns13
Apprentice

hi team im having issues with scanning to my laptop. when i open and select scan i get an error saying

Cannot Communicate with the scanner these these reasons:... and they talk about the internet... i have verified it is connected to my wifi.

i am running windows 7 x64. when i try to update my firmware i get the following error... "Can not connect to the server"

thanks

Syns

5 REPLIES 5

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer you have and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET, excluding holidays.

Thanks!

it is connected to both via USB and my wifi

i have a Canon MX492

Syns13,

I suggest you pick a "connection type" interface and stick with it.  One or the other. 

A wireless connection provides the greatest flexibility and will allow devices connected to your network to print.

The general downside of a USB connection is that the device the printer is connected to has to always be powered on in order for other devices to print to the printer connected to it. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

syns13
Apprentice
I understand but still can not print nor scan... I've reinstalled the drivers still nothing. It's on my network it has an IP address but still does not communicate..

Hi syns13,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements