cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware changelog MG5650

arpcpro
Apprentice

My Pixma MG5650 is since a few months ago requesting to update the firmware. I might consider allowing such a risky operation, but to evaluate I need to read the firmware changes. What will the new firmware bring and add to enhance the printer?

Anyone knows where I will find this information?

I also don't want to run the risk of after the fw update the printer stops recognizing my non genuine ink cartriges.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem is that Canon Europe does not seem to have a forum for knowledge sharing. I guess that the support teams wants to receive and reply to the same questions over and over again. Anyway, they replied to mine, so here it is for everyone:

www.canon.pt/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_m...

Firmware update history
Ver.4.000
1. You can now print from Windows 10 Mobile.

Ver.3.010
1. The firmware has been updated to support Mopria services (printing from Mopria-certified mobile devices).

Ver.2.010
1. The common internal specifications have been modified for regions other than their own.

2. Supported by changing the Google Cloud Print security specification.

Environment needed
For the update, the printer must be connected to the Internet.

(The Internet
(B) Access point or router
(C) Printer

Upgrade Notice
When the printer is connected to the Internet and the latest firmware is available on the server, the printer displays the following message:

To update the printer firmware, follow the procedures below.

REFERENCE
The printer displays an update notice every 24 hours until the printer firmware is updated. It is recommended to update immediately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

We'd recommend checking out the PIXMA MG5650's page on the Canon UK website to find out more about the firmware update! You can see the page here.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

The problem is that Canon Europe does not seem to have a forum for knowledge sharing. I guess that the support teams wants to receive and reply to the same questions over and over again. Anyway, they replied to mine, so here it is for everyone:

www.canon.pt/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_m...

Firmware update history
Ver.4.000
1. You can now print from Windows 10 Mobile.

Ver.3.010
1. The firmware has been updated to support Mopria services (printing from Mopria-certified mobile devices).

Ver.2.010
1. The common internal specifications have been modified for regions other than their own.

2. Supported by changing the Google Cloud Print security specification.

Environment needed
For the update, the printer must be connected to the Internet.

(The Internet
(B) Access point or router
(C) Printer

Upgrade Notice
When the printer is connected to the Internet and the latest firmware is available on the server, the printer displays the following message:

To update the printer firmware, follow the procedures below.

REFERENCE
The printer displays an update notice every 24 hours until the printer firmware is updated. It is recommended to update immediately.

Announcements