cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware and version location

pamaine
Apprentice
I'm attempting to locate the version of my current firmware, then find out if there is a newer version available. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. http://priscillamaine.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi pamaine,

You can check your current firmware version by printing a nozzle check pattern.  The firmware version will be printed at the bottom.  If you need to update the firmware, instructions can be found HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Pamaine,

Welcome to the Canon Forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using and Computer Operating System. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x)

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

My printer is Canon Pixma MX920. My OS is Windows 10. 

Hi pamaine,

You can check your current firmware version by printing a nozzle check pattern.  The firmware version will be printed at the bottom.  If you need to update the firmware, instructions can be found HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

printer is MB2720 OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Hi kkoerbling,

To view the firmware vesion installed on your MAXIFY MB2720, please follow these steps:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your MAXIFY MB2720.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  The firmware version will be listed on the sheet that is printed.

If you are writing to determine how to update the firmware (if necessary), please follow these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your MAXIFY MB2720.

2.  Swipe the screen and then tap SETUP.

3.  Tap Device Settings.

4.  Tap Firmware update.

5.  Tap Update and then Yes.

Your MAXIFY MB2720 will download and install the update, if necessary.

Announcements