cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7720 & MP620 "Filter Error" Problem

greyparrot
Contributor

Is there an estimate as to when the 'Filter Error' problem will be solved for Sierra 10.12 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi greyparrot,

Please use the workaround provided in the support article until 10.12 drivers are released.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, greyparrot!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which Canon printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using a MG7720 and a MP620 and i'm refering to the support article:

"Filter Error" occurs or printout is incorrect when using the OS X El Capitan (10.11) driver on a Mac OS X Sierra (10.12) system.
support.usa.canon.com September 22nd, 2016

I just upgraded to 10.12 from 10.11 so I guess the 10.11 driver is still installed.

I use the workarround but it's inconvient.

Hi greyparrot,

Please use the workaround provided in the support article until 10.12 drivers are released.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The workaround isn't TOO awful. (Although it's badly written, has needless, extra steps.) But how can we get a notification when it's fixed? I don't want to have to keep googling “filter error capitan driver" every few days!

If you use Mac then  Apple will release the driver when it's available on it's App Store app. I check it occasionally. The problem has existed a long time and Canon doesn't seem to be any hurry to solve it.

Can you please provide a link to the workaround article you are referring to? Thank you.

Monners
Apprentice

Until now I have been a fan of Canon printers. But the work around for this problem does not work, nor does converting the file to PDF using Adobe Acrobat.

Now I have a completely useless brand new printer 

WorkedForMe
Contributor

I had a “filter” fail error on Canon Image Class MF3010 both trying to print online as well as when downloaded on to my Mac Sonoma 14.2.1 computer. The solution was to Control + click on the name of the file on my computer in Finder, Open With, Change to Mozilla Firefox. It would open and then print.   ..    ..    ..   Then I changed the default PDF viewer on Mac computers which is Preview. It wasn’t working on my Mac giving me the “filter” error. I Control clicked the name again, clicked Get Info, then scrolled down to Open With and the drop down menu has Default, click that and scroll down to Firefox and make that your default Open With.  Wishing everyone drama-free printing!

Announcements