cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiery mx300 daylight savings time issue

Samer
Apprentice
Every time there's a time save for daylight hours, xp and windows 7 machines can't print to this fiery unless I remove and re add the driver.
Doing this manually for 200 computers until I write a script to automate the process.
Is there a patch or a fix for this issue?
13 REPLIES 13

MikeCBX
Contributor
Are you using AppSense in your environment? This issue is happening to us as well.

Samer
Apprentice
No we aren't. I believe it's a problem with the time stamp of the driver.
Goes out of sync...

We have HAD this issue with Canon iR-ADV 8000s and a U1 Fiery using PS1.1US driver version. We moved those to a PCL and have been great since on that model. On Monday we started having the same issue all over again, except with iR-ADV C5200/6200/7200 series using either a B2/U2/A2 Fiery respectively. In your opinion, why would it flip every DST?

Hello MikeCBX!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

I've noticed - We have already engaged them, but me as an engineer cannot speak to a Canon Engineer regarding the issue; I am forced to go through my dealer who plays middle man. It's a big issue for a day or 2 and then it goes away for roughly 6 months. Kinda just want to solve this once and for all. Coupled with my emails over the years and the amount of data from the hangs, I was finally able to put 2 and 2 together and relate this to DST..

Samer
Apprentice
It needs to be patched by canon.

Hi,

we are experiencing a very similar if not same problem here.

our printers will cause office apps to freeze and often close when attempting to print.

has anyone had any update on this as to whether there is patch etc to resolve?

regards,

Webb1_1

I found the problem last year when I posted this. The issue is 100% with the driver version of the Fiery. We had our Canon rep and printer managed Service Provider push Fiery and they did indeed publish a driver that fixed the problem.

Our problem with was with IR-ADV C5255,6275, and 7200 series.

The driver that was failing if you check the logs for us was:

C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\EF066828.dll

C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\EF909315.dll
C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\EF380954.dll

And all this was associated with the A2,B2, and C2 Fiery. Another thing to note - PCL drivers are apparently not affected, just PS. It has something to do with the timestamping in the driver and not being able to figure out the change.

Fast forward a year later I am now in a new environment with Xerox Printers and Fierys and it happened to us this past week and the UK the Week before. Root cause is Fiery - I'll try and dig up the driver info that was sent to us.

Where are you located? I may be able to put you in touch with some of the guys that I worked with to solve this

Hi,

thanks for getting back so promptly. Anything you manage to pull up on the drivers would be great.

We are running Canon imagerunner C5255's with an E1 fiery. Ever since the daylight saving switch over we have had users freezing when trying to connect to the printers and in many cases unable to connect completely. Oddly though it doesnt effect all users.

we are in Holborn, London. We have a service manager so I will pass this on to them.

Any info you find would be much appreciated. 

Thanks again,

Danny,

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements