cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertisement or facility error

wwoehlke
Apprentice
I purchased a new printer, MG2520, and i see a lot of people complaining about not getting a usb cable. I saw it on the box that it's not included. I assumed that meant it worked wirelessly without the cable. I was wrong. Luckily i found an old cable. My bigger issue is that it clearly says on the outside of the box and on the included instructions that ink IS included. There was no ink inside any of the packaging for this printer. So an already inconvenient product has become a useless one since I now still have to buy further products to begin to use it. Please correct this error. The usb issue is unfortunate but correctly labeled. The ink issue is not so simple. It clearly states in multiple places that this product comes with ink cartridges and there were none.
3 REPLIES 3

wwoehlke
Apprentice

Screen Shot of the Canon Website stating that the ink cartridges should have been included in the box with the printer. I received no ink cartridges with my printer.Whats in the Box.jpg

Your making a point of an issue where NONE exists.  Slight inconvienence.  It happens. 

If you purchased a new printer from a reputable source and it didn't come with something it should, return it for exchange.  No one is going to question it.  Just exchange it and move on.  You probably won't have this happen again, or if it does, it won't happen to you again for a long, long time.  I can count on one hand the number of times I purchased something new and it didn't come with something it should have.  Replace it, and spend your time worrying about something that actually matters. 

You can also try calling Canon.  They have excellent customer service and might be willing to help. 

Welcome to the forums.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

wwoehlke,

Certain retailers or online re-sellers sell printers specifically without ink in order to list the printer at a much lower price.

If the printer was purchased from a major retailer and the ink was missing, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements