Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Factory Reset Pixma MX922

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a Pixma MX922 printer that is stuck on a B200 error. I've given up on trying to resolve that issue and would like to discard the printer. However, I would like to perform a factory reset first as personal info such as my Wifi credentials are stored on the printer. I've tried following instructions I've read online but haven't been successful. How can I perform a factory reset on my printer?

Note that because it's stuck on the B200 error, I can't seem to be able to access the menu on the LCD screen.

I contacted Canon by e-mail and the support representative claimed that leaving it unplugged for 48 hours would reset everythihng...don't think so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Factory Reset Pixma MX922

Try leaving it unplugged and press the power button. It may drain any residual power and resolve the problem.

If, at the end of the day, you can't access the printer probably no one else can either, so probably no worries.

As final assurance, change your wifi credentials. Good practice periodically anyway.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic