cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely blurry photo printing on glossy 4x6 photo paper

LonnieC
Contributor

I have a new PIXMA MX992 with my Mac Mini. Everything prints as it should except 4x6 photos on glossy photo paper from the upper tray.  If I load glossy 8x10 photo paper in the lower tray, I can print a 4x6 photo on it perfectly.  The same photo from the upper tray on 4x6 paper appears grossly out of focus, blurry, and remains wet for a long time, as it uses way too much ink.  When I tried printing a 4x6 photo from the upper tray, on a piece of regular paper cut to 4x6, it printed perfectly.  Any idea why I'm getting a truly terrible print with glossy paper?

Thanks in advance for any help.

12 REPLIES 12

Carabca
Apprentice

I have the same issue - I am printing on the glossy 4x6 paper that was bundled with the printer and the image is extremely blurry and wet for days! I printed wireless from my cell phone.  Can someone help me? extremely fustrating to say the least

Hi Carabca,

When the photo is blurry and the ink does not dry, it is most likely caused by printing on the incorrect side of the paper.

Please reload the paper in your printer so you are printing on the other side of the paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ok will try that - thank you

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements