cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "other users are using Canon MP560 Navigator EX"

KManR21
Apprentice

Good day, my scan utility will not open. I get an error box saying "other users are using Canon MP560 Navigator EX, exiting Canon MP Navigator EX"  has anyone seen this error message before and is there an easy solution to solve this issue?  Thanks

B.K. 

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KManR21,

Please turn your computer off.  Once off, please turn it back on and then attempt to scan again.

If the error persists, please reply to this post with the version of Windows that is installed on your computer.

If you are using a Mac, please let us know what version of OSX is installed.

Also, please let us know if you are using your PIXMA MP560 wirelessly or if you are using a USB cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for responding Patrick. My computer is windows 10 and networked at home. Most of the computers and other devices my family (kids use) are done wirelessly, I'm pretty sure only one computer is plugged via USB.  How do I check for the OSX version?

Hello.

Restarting the computer usually helps with this error.  If the error persists, provide the following:

1. Document the entire message and provide a screenshot.

2.  Does the error occur on every computer?  Or only one?

3.  If this is occuring on any Mac computers, to determine what version of Mac OSX, click the Apple and choose "About this Mac".

Once we have this information we will try to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thx again

Announcements