cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

bk4you00
Apprentice
I was printing as usual and then all of a sudden, my printer (PIXMA MG5320) popped up an error sign that said the following:”Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center.” Not really sure what to do… I tried to unplug it and then reboot it… And I also try to turn it off the proper way then unplug it wait a few minutes and then try again, but none of my troubleshooting has helped whatsoever.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its not possible for us to provide additional troubleshooting steps if the only error message you are receiving is a "Printer Error Has Ocurred, Contact Support"

That could mean allmost anything.  You were correct to turn the device off and disconnect power, wait, then reconnect and power on. 

Have you opend the cover and verrified the there are no opstructions, jammed paper, etc.

Also make sure all access panels, doors and trays are correctly seated, closed, etc.

If the behavior persists and you cannot get the printer to initialize (start normally), it will need service or will have to be replaced.   

If its under warranty, or you want it repaired, contact Canon.  1-800-652-2666.

You may find however, that replacement is less expensive since the cost of shipping can be high. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its not possible for us to provide additional troubleshooting steps if the only error message you are receiving is a "Printer Error Has Ocurred, Contact Support"

That could mean allmost anything.  You were correct to turn the device off and disconnect power, wait, then reconnect and power on. 

Have you opend the cover and verrified the there are no opstructions, jammed paper, etc.

Also make sure all access panels, doors and trays are correctly seated, closed, etc.

If the behavior persists and you cannot get the printer to initialize (start normally), it will need service or will have to be replaced.   

If its under warranty, or you want it repaired, contact Canon.  1-800-652-2666.

You may find however, that replacement is less expensive since the cost of shipping can be high. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

bk4you00
Apprentice
Thank you.

ebassador
Apprentice

My printer is out of warranty now and it is giving me this error code intermittently. I cannot find the error documented anywhere. What does it mean?

Announcements