cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message trying to scan:Scanner driver supporting this software not installed. Code:14,230,1

johandev
Apprentice

I get an error message trying to scan from the feeder of glass:

"A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again.

Code:14,230,1

I re-installed the software on the CD and from the web. Same problem.

I never had this problem with my old HP printer!!!

7 REPLIES 7

ikirmer
Apprentice

I get the same error.  This started after the Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi, ikirmer!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon product you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

My printer is a PIXMA MX922.  My printer is connected via my wireless network.  I can print just fine, but after the Windows 10 upgrade I get this error when trying to scan a document.  This work prior to the Windows 10 upgrade.  I just got this printer 3 weeks ago.

hey, i am also facing the same problem with my CANNON PIXMA E560. not able to scan after upgrading from win 7 to win 10. it asks to install driver supporting it. .

from where can i download ij scan utility for win 10

Hi kkanchan,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver should resolve this issue. To do this, please disconnect the USB cable from the PIXMA MP560 and follow these steps:

1. Put the PIXMA MP560's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.

2. Click on Start and then All Apps.

3. Click on Windows System.

4. Click on RUN.

5. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on the CANON_IJ CDROM.

6. Double click the folder named WIN.

7. Double click the folder named Driver.

8. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

9. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 10, please double click

DELDRV64.

10. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the PIXMA MP560.

Once the printer has been uninstalled, restart the computer.

When the computer restarts, we will install your PIXMA MP560 again:

1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2. Type PIXMA MP560 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4. Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the MP560 series MP Driver.

5. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to

continue with the download".

6. Click the Download button.

7. A File Download box should appear. When it does, select Save.

8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

9. Double click [mp68-win-mp560-1_06-ea24.exe] to begin installation of your PIXMA MP560.

10. Connect the USB cable when prompted.

Follow the prompts to finish the installation.

Once reinstalled, you should now be able to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

can i follow the same process for my Canon 9000F Mark II?

I followed these instructions for my 9000F mark II and I still cannot scan, this is a brand effing new scanner...

Announcements