cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message printer has stopped, MG3022

MzDebra
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message (printer has stopped) when it tries to find the printer, it gets to 3% and then it stopped.  I have had this printer connected to this tablet for over a year

I have a Canon MG3022. I just received a new modem and the Canon printer wouldn't take it,  I thought so  I thought maybe that was the reason I kept getting this error message.   I have installed and reinstalled Canon app and still getting the message. I have unplugged waited replugged, nothing.

Then I Uninstalled it and cleaned out everything and then restarted my tablet and reinstalled again  and still every time I get into the app to add/find the printer that is when it stops on me and it says printer has stopped.

I am trying to reinstall it on my Samsung Galaxy tablet A, Android version 7 . 1. 1. It has did this once before and I fixed it but now it's doing it again I want to have no idea why it's doing it

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try performing the Cableless setup process to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.  Visit the following link for details:

How to start Cableless Setup on the printer MG3020 / MG3022

Links are provided for instructions on how to complete the process on iOS and Android mobile devices.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for the help, that worked.Cat Very Happy

Spoiler

But now I have another problem. The printer app keeps stopping, it worked up until the time I got ready to put the password in for the router and then it just stopped. I have installed, uninstalled, cleaned out the data and the cache and also restarted my tablet and nothing is working and I don't know what to do now. What in the world could be the problem?

Hello.

For testing purposes, try printing from a Windows computer, Mac OSX computer or a different iOS/Android device to see if the same issue occurs.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you guys so much for your help

I don't have a computer. I tried it with my phone and it took about 5 time, it finally worked  but it took five times,  before it install  I had to reinstall it again  with the tablet  and the phone for it to work on my phone.  I don't know why  but I had to go through the whole thing all over again  I had to turn printer off and redo the setup again for this to work the turn off and turn it back on. I worked on this for 2 hours. I guess it's time for me to buy a new printer because I can't keep doing this I can't keep having to set up my printer to print something oh, every time I need something to print because it won't stay set up like it's supposed to

6 REPLIES 6

Darius
Whiz

Hi MzDebra.

When setting up the printer to a new router, ensure the printer and router are at least 2 feet apart, though close enough to have a solid wifi signal.

If your new router supports 5G wifi, you'll need to connect the tablet to the 2.4 GHz connection in order to connect and use the MG3022.

If the WPS button is factory-disabled on your router, and you're unable to complete the Cableless setup, you may be able to perform the WPS PIN Code connection.  Part of the PIN code connection process will require you to enter the router's interface; refer to the router's documentation and support for directions on the router-side of it.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

My printer is less than to feet away from my router

When I print out the network connection page the WPS PIN code it has one thing and then when I go into my tablet and click on WPS for the PIN code there is different number so I have no idea which is the right number. And then on my modem it has a WPS button on the top. Not sure what number to enter

I called my phone company they tried to help and couldn't help and then I called Canon and they said my printer is too old to get service but they said there is a plan on the website where I can pay to get some service but I can't find it so I have been trying to get my printer to work for the longest time and still not getting anywhere.

Sign

Still lost

Hello.

Try performing the Cableless setup process to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.  Visit the following link for details:

How to start Cableless Setup on the printer MG3020 / MG3022

Links are provided for instructions on how to complete the process on iOS and Android mobile devices.

Thank you so much for the help, that worked.Cat Very Happy

Spoiler

But now I have another problem. The printer app keeps stopping, it worked up until the time I got ready to put the password in for the router and then it just stopped. I have installed, uninstalled, cleaned out the data and the cache and also restarted my tablet and nothing is working and I don't know what to do now. What in the world could be the problem?

Hello.

For testing purposes, try printing from a Windows computer, Mac OSX computer or a different iOS/Android device to see if the same issue occurs.

Thank you guys so much for your help

I don't have a computer. I tried it with my phone and it took about 5 time, it finally worked  but it took five times,  before it install  I had to reinstall it again  with the tablet  and the phone for it to work on my phone.  I don't know why  but I had to go through the whole thing all over again  I had to turn printer off and redo the setup again for this to work the turn off and turn it back on. I worked on this for 2 hours. I guess it's time for me to buy a new printer because I can't keep doing this I can't keep having to set up my printer to print something oh, every time I need something to print because it won't stay set up like it's supposed to

Announcements