cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message; need to cancel air print from iPhone, but nothing shows up

Ojosgrises
Apprentice
Can I do something via the printer or computer to cancel this job? Is there some sort of hard reset? As of now, I can’t print anything bc no doc comes up to cancel on my iPhone.
7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This should help.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ojosgrises
Apprentice
I wish! The problem is that the job was sent over a month ago and does not show up in my application switcher, so I can’t cancel it on my phone and the printer still recognizes it as an outstanding job. I have tried unplugging the printer for extended periods of time and nothing. I have also tried looking at the cue on my computer’s control panel and the job doesn’t show up. I basically can’t use my printer without canceling the job.

Hi, Ojosgrises!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ojosgrises
Apprentice
queue...(auto correct is also a pain...hahahaha)

Ojosgrises
Apprentice
It is a PIXMA MX922

Hi Ojosgrises,

I understand that you have attempted canceling a pending print job sent from your iPhone, however, the troubleshooting steps did not remove the pending print job. With the information provided. The print job may be hung up over the network. To resolve this issue, I recommend power cycling your wireless network. Disconnect the power cable from your router for approximately 30 seconds. While the router is disconnected, power cycle the printer and your mobile device (that the print job was sent from). Once the power cable is connected back to the router, it will take approximately 2 minutes for the network to be fully operational. This should clear out any pending print jobs coming from your mobile device and the printer should return to the primary home screen. 

I am going to try this. I had a very frustrating experience this morning as well. Glad I found some advice. If this works, I'll try to remember to go back and thumbs up the post! Thanks!

Announcements