cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message Printer won't scan

MRTS9020
Apprentice

I have a TS9020. Suddenly, after updating Photoshop, my printer won't scan. I get an error message with no # saying that a file is missing or corrupted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. I have checked to make sure the printer and my computer are on the same wifi network, I can no longer get help without paying from Canon and I don't know how to fix this. I tried scanning from the printer menu through System preferences and I receive the same error message. I downloaded the most recent driver, which is not all that recent. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi MRTS9020.

To help provide accurate directions for proceeding, we'll need to know what OS type and version is running on the computer.  In broad terms, you can try manually removing the drivers and the printer installation, restart, and then reinstall using the individual driver installation files (instead of the full package installation).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply...although it is a bit delayed. After doing the same thing over and over again, following the instructions online, I got it to work. It was very disappointing that your formerly excellent customer service was not available to me, a long time Canon customer (several printers since 2001 and cameras), without an unknown fee, especially during a time when income from work has vanished. This probably could have been solved in minutes rather than hours or waiting for a reply from Canon after a week. But, hey, I'm having trouble with Adobe too and have spent hours and hours and nothing tried has solved the issue. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements