cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for Feed Slot Cover (Support Code 1270) for Canon Pixma TS6120 Printer

seth0019
Apprentice

Hello all,

I am having difficulty using my Canon Pixma TS6120 printer because of an error message that will not go away despite my best efforts.  The error message on the printer's display says the following:

"Support Code 1270.  The feed slot cover of the rear tray may be open. Check that the feed slot cover is closed and select [OK]."

This seems like a super easy fix, but apparently it is not.  The feed slot cover is a little plastic flap that pushes upon the paper in the back of the printer.  No matter how I try to close this cover, the error message remains and keeps me from printing anything or even navigating through the printer's on-screen menus.  I have tried closing the cover slowly, closing it quickly, pushing on it, pulling on it, checking for obstructions, etc.  I have also looked for any possible paper jams throughout the printer's system, but I do not see any paper jams or anything else unusual.  It may be possible that the sensor indicating that the feed slot cover is not closed is malfunctioning, but I do not know this for sure.  The printer is less than two years old and has not been used a great deal.  Up until today, I have had no issues as it always worked as expected.

With all of this in mind, does anyone have any suggestions that could help me fix this issue?  Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.  All questions and comments are welcome.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi seth0019,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

GordonWhitman
Apprentice

Same exact issue - had the printer over two years and moderate home use/ not office use.   This is first time I have had this error message pop up - very random.   I can't see that rear slot is open and i have closed it numerous times in various ways.  i thought if i confirmed by preferences that i would print from cassette and not rear tray it would leave me alone and let me print.  But i was mistaken.  Now I cannot use the printer.

Announcements