cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 5BOO

Dougiep
Apprentice

Hello, Can anyone help me please, i have a pixma MP 980 which keeps showing the fault code 5BOO which refers to the ink absorber. The pads are clean but i cant reset the counter which is stopping me printing. I know the machine is a few years old but it is so good i dont want to swap it. I am not very technically minded so any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards Doug.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Doug,

Only an electronic repair shop that services printers can perform the necessary procedures to reset this counter. To find a repair facility in your area you will need to type printer repair and your zip code into an online search. Once you find a repair facility, I recommend getting a quote to see how much it would cost to reset the counter.

If there are no repair facilities in your are, you do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, Thank you for your reply but all the repairers i have spoken to require the reset code which is a combination of the on/off buttom and the resume button which canon will not give them as they keep telling them this product is now not supported, canon obviously have the information but will not divulge it. The absorbers have been changed and the tank cleaned and emtied, but without the required information i am no further forward. All they require is the sequence of buttons and the problem is

Very dissapointed with your lack of assistance regarding what would be an easy fix, canon only want to sell printers and are of no help if there is no reward for them, total rubbish.

You do not even reply when a question is no what you want to hear, you are only interested in selling new products, you are a waste of time. My advice is dont buy canon products.

Announcements