cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 2,156,50, Scanner no longer scans, yet previews fine. saves as bmp 54 kb

khv
Apprentice

My scanner was working fine until a week ago. Canon MX410, it began to give me the error code listed above. As mentioned, it can ocassionally preview an image perfectly, but wont save the file. Or it will, but as a blank 54kb BMP, which I assume is a bitmap. theUSB is connected, and printer settings have also been reset after it began. Anyone know how to fix this? I use Windows 7 Ultimate, and the problem began within the last month. (all other searches either don't give me anything, or the error code for other systems/devices)

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

This error may be related to a USB communication issue of some sort.  

Make sure that the USB cable is being connected directly to your computer rather than through any USB hubs or extension devices.  Also, make sure that the cable is not longer than five or six feet.

If the error persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

arkaye
Apprentice

Canon MG7760 error  code 2,156,50

Control panel states 'Printer Ready' but unit won't scan.

Any ideas?

Hi arkaye,

The MG7760 is neither sold nor supported in the U.S.A.  You've reached support for Canon U.S.A. If you require support outside the U.S., I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Martyn77
Apprentice

Solution here (See below)

Just had exactly the same problem, same error codes. Scanner was working for a while before without any issue. Then i got these error codes. Of course no information on what they were. Canon: you need to better here, these error codes aren't listed in your website. I was >< close to sending the scanner back to Canon with an angry letter demanding a refund.

The symptoms for me were that the when I plugged in the scanner, it was detected. Windows would play the device detected sound. I would start scanning, and somewhere through scanning it would throw up this error code, and then windows would play the device disconnected sound.

There was a short pause, and the device connected / disconnected sounds would play repeatedly over and over indefinitely.

After about an hour of tearing my hair out, restarting windows, reinstall device drivers and software, and replugging things, switching things on and off etc, i discovered that the Canon LIDE 300 is really sensitive to USB cable lengths.

Essentially when there's high frequency information going across long cables the higher the data rate the more chance there is of error. It would be better if canon error messages were more clear.

Disconnecting from a USB hub, and connecting a short USB cable (<1m length) directly to the computer without any hubs or extensions fixed the issue for me, no further problems. I was able to do 2 hours of scanning without issue.

Also of note is that this is an unpowered scanner, so some USB ports it doesn't work with, this might be because it doesn't get enough power from them.

Announcements