cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Uo52

Knicba
Apprentice
I have tried all of the 'fixits' and still have an expensive table knickknack. The printer head to replace is almost the price of the printer and no guarantee it would work! I have taken out, cleaned, and checked to be sure the cartridges aren't clogged. I have been thinking to replace all of the ink cartridges but from what I see here, it would be a total waste of money.
I will not buy another Canon since thinking this is their con to get us to buy another. Canon , when it works, is fantastic quality but if it doesn't work, quality doesn't matter does it!
4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Knicba!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

The model of my Canon printer is Pixma MG5320.

I appreciate all of the posts, maybe one of us will find the answer. 

I have tried these fixes over and over, and even soaked the ink out thinking

maybe it had dried enough to cause this error.

I agree that it has proven to be an error within this hardware and 

we are all being punished for spending our money on a brand

that used to be quality.

I just want my printer back. I can't even scan into my computer with 

this error. It just has shut the whole thing down.

That doesn't make sense either. Since I just want to scan, that isn't

using the print head!?

Thanks all!

jsafe2
Apprentice

I too have tried all the fixes posted on the internet with the exception of replacing the print head. From all accounts the problem is not related to the printhead but to a firmware issue. Canon service centre told me they could not fix the problem and to go and buy another printer. So I went out and purchased a Brother. Pity because the MG5350 have a lot of good features. Why doesn't canon issue an update to rectify the problem?

Mark123
Apprentice

Same here on MP640.  I managed to get it working again by cleaning printhead with water and contact points with vinegar. I got some perfect 5x7 glossy prints. 

Didn't use printer for 1 week and then U052 error came back after start up. I cleaned printhead again as above, and again got some perfect prints.

A few days later I started it up and U052 error was back. I washed printhead more thoroughly again and again for 3 days. Still no fix.

Announcements