cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Out Of Paper When Tray Is Full

TimothyW1686
Contributor

Cannon MX920

I recently ran out of paper and it was a few days before I had a chance to buy some more so when I did, I reloaded the cassestte with paper and put it back into the printer and tried to print something when I get the error telling me there is no paper in the printer.

I never had this issue before, This only occured once I ran out of paper and No I didn't try and print anything when I knew the paper tray was empty.

I know that the printer is working fine and there are no jams and that the printer is able to feed the paper because when I tried to make a copy of something It gave me the out of paper error but I restarted the printer and tried again and this time it copied the paper with no issue and printed it so to make sure it was indeed working again I tried to make another copy and sure enough I got that error again so I decied to see what would happen if I restarted the printer and did what I did last time and sure enough as soon as I restarted it and it made the copy with no issue.

So I then went to my computer to try and print out something and it's giving me the "No Paper" error again.

15 REPLIES 15

Nope, I actually went and bought a new printer but had to take it back because it was defective so when I got back home I decided to play with it some more and now all the sudden it's printing without any issues.

I did delete the printer and reinstall it on my PC with the drivers from canon website but don't know if that actually made a difference or not

RRamiah
Apprentice

Check that the paper type is not set for 4x6 for photos which is the default. I transferred the pic to a word doc where the default was A4 and no more error message saying that the printer is out of paper.

Where do you chage paper type?

MsKeet
Apprentice

Dont throw your printer away just yet!  I had the same problem with my 490 pixma and after  reading volumns and watching umteen videos I decided that the paper take-up wheels were dirty and this turned to be true. The fix? A low tech solution: I took a long chop stick and  attached a Q-tip to the end with rubber bands it then swabbed the roller wheels with isopropyl alcohol on the Q-tip.  Viola! Problem solved!   Printer works like new again!!

Hope this helps someone else! It made my day! 🙂

Cheers,

MK

MaryClark
Apprentice
I keep getting the same message with my Canon MG5750 and it is only a few months old. Get fed up with pulling out the drawer and taking the paper out and then shutting it again. It works ok for a few printings and stops again.

TheConsultant
Apprentice

I had a similar problem with a MF741Cdw. The solution to the problem was simply to use the newest and correct print driver. Windows automatically loaded 'MF741C/743'. I downloaded 'Canon FF741C/743/C UFR II' from the Canon website, but I assumed the newer print driver would overwrite the older one, and I did not notice the difference in the name. I had called Tech Support (50 minutes on hold), but the person I talked with was unaware of the new driver and the different name. 

Announcements