cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Check Ink U140" for PIXMA MX347

Zonker
Apprentice

A client of mine (I'm a computer repair guy) gave me an old Pixma MX-347 they no longer needed.

The old cartridges (810/811) are almost empty, but still work/print. I want to use the printer, so I searched for new cartridges.

Online, I determined that Canon no longer makes 810/811 cartridges, but *according to Canon*, the 510/511 cartridges are the right ones to use for this model.

So, I went to the store, found the cartridges, confirmed that for my model (Pixma series MX-340), and bought it.

Pixma cartridge

It doesn't work. I get the error message "Check Ink U140". I've tried to reset the device. I've re-inserted the old ones and they still work. But not the new ones.

Now what?

1 REPLY 1

jroselius
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX340 printer. It used to take the 210/211 ink cartridges, however those are no longer available and has been replaced - as far as I can tell - with 510/511. At least that is what Canon indicates is the correct cartridge for this model. I have purchased 2 cartridges at two different (reliable) stores - they are genuine Canon ink cartridges - and I am getting a U140 error. They do not work! These are not inexpensive and I'm without a printer until I can resolve this. What do I do?

Announcements