cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

nanciemd
Apprentice

I have tried resetting , power off, cleaned head.

Still errror message.

Printer in Over 2 years old.

Do I just need a new print head??

thank you!

100 REPLIES 100

I tried the removal of the print head and then replaced it; I did that twice but it did not work.  My next plan is just to order a new print head.

@Michael wrote:

Hello pd.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

Plug the power back in and turn the printer on.  If the error persists, please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance with this issue. 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Removed inks as suggested. Couldn't find the "Grey" lever as instructed. Where is it? I have a MX922

doc224,

Visit the following link for details about how to reseat the part.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143853

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did as instructed and still received the error message. Do I need to purchase a new head? I Love the printer because I can print on DVD's and CD's. I bought a Canon PIXMA TR4520 to hold me over until I can get a new head for my MX922.

Thank you for you help in this matter. If there is anything else I can try before I purchase a new print head, let me know.

Doc

Hi doc224,

You can contact the Canon Parts department at 866-481-2569 Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm Eastern Time to see if they have a print head for your MX922.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After trying several times to reinstall print head, my printer is still showing the same message. Can you suggest additional help.

Thank you!

Bella

Go back through this thread. You may have to replace the printhead. Or there could be a problem with the control panel communication and you are out of luck. I replaced mine and it worked for a short while, but I had further problems. I'm thinking it was a problem in the control panel. I bought a new printer.

is these instructions for pixma mg6821

i can not find  the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

I have a Canon MG5765 and I can't find any grey locking lever to remove the ink tank holder.
Announcements