09-15-2020 03:27 PM
Just wanted to leave some useful information to those who have this problem. I have a TS 9020 and it had the "type of print head is ioncorrect" message. I couldn't get rid of it no matter what I did. Eventually I removed the cartridges and put it in printhead install position (holding stop until head moves to correct place). Then I got a flashlight and examined the pins on the printer to see if something was stopping them from making contact. I found that 1 pin was bent and also there was dust on the pin connection. I was able to CAREFULLY straighten out the bent pin with a small plastic spudger from a cell phone repair kit. I brushed off the dust with a small soft bristled clean craft brush. After putting back the cartridges and closing the cover, the message went away and the printer has begun printing normally again!
10-30-2020 08:21 AM
Canon MG7160. Similar printer error was Support code 1405 (incorrect print head).
I followed the suggestions offered here and everywhere else.
1: Opened front cover
2. Wait until the head assembly moves to the middle.
3. Removed all the print cartridges.
4. Removed the power cable to power the printer off.
5. Moved the head assembly 1CM to the right.
6 Pulled back the head release lever.
7. Removed the print head.
8. Examined the contact surface (brass coloured). It looked clean.
9. Examined the pins inside the printer that the contact surface mates with. That looked clean also.
10. Cleaned the contact surface with iso-propyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth. It came up very dirty! All purple.
11. Cleaned the pins inside the printer. VERY carefully!. Examined them for any damage. All ok.
12. Re-inserted the print head, and while holding it towards the back of the printer, pushed the head locking bar back in.
13. Reassembled the rest of the removed parts, cartridges etc.
14. Tested. ALL OK!!
Prints ok now.
Thank you all!