cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

nanciemd
Apprentice

I have tried resetting , power off, cleaned head.

Still errror message.

Printer in Over 2 years old.

Do I just need a new print head??

thank you!

100 REPLIES 100

It did the job thank you

George

I am having the same issue with an MG5550 device. Please advise what steps to follow to potentually troubleshoot this.

many thanks

Hi there

I am having the same issue with an error message stating 'print head is incorrect' I have a canon MG5550.

If you could help to advise me on what to do that would be great as I am on the verge of having a breakdown trying to print my university assignments.

Many thanks

Katie.

Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head."  Printer has been used several years with original print head. It has been cleaned. Error message persists. Help!

My MX925 suddenly got the same error message yesterday, after successfully printing a 10x15 photo and trying to print a second one.

First original printhead was replaced with another original one a year ago (due to some weird double black lines printing).

With the new printhead which got this 1403 error, I tried all advices here, to no luck.

I put back the old printhead for testing only and it worked fine (except for the black thingy). No error at all.

Mounted back the new printhead, same error!

So it is something definitely wrong with the printhead contacts/chipset, not the motherboard or printer's frimware.

Now Canon, what can be wrong? What can suddenly change an original catridge into a different type/model to not be recognized nor accepted by the printer?

PS: Canon offers no warranty to new printheads, so I might have to buy a new one now. If that's the case, instead of a new printhead (3rd), I might go for a different brand (no HP anymore for me, so probably Lexmark is the last one to try).

I loved my MX925

Hello wdegler1,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

We suggest reaching out to our US-based technical support team for further troubleshooting. They're available by phone during the week at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 10am to 10pm (ET), or anytime by email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF  

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

cant finf the gray locking lever...

Did you find it? I can't find the locker lever either.

Deeply disappointed in this Canon product (Pixma MG555). Totally unclear why, after 2 years, it should say 'Type of Pinter Head Incorrect', and freeze up - right when I am on a journalistic deadline and urgently needed to print somethng. I followed the instructions about relocating the head, which were totally unclear; there is no locking lever on the side, in fact it's a tray that slides out from the front. I performed this messy, awkward, finger-pinching operation 4 times before the printer worked again. Then it packed up once again, displaying the same message. I spent a further hour this morning trying to fix it, wasting valuable working time, until it jammed up altogether. The printer is now in the rubbish bin - and I'm left with a pile of expensive ink, which I had just bought. Off to Currys now to buy a new printer - and it definitely will NOT be a Canon. Why Canon can make super cameras, and such awful, noisy, lousy, unreliable printers, is beyond me.

I have the same message error for my printer. Model: MG5570

Announcements