Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

Just wanted to leave some useful information to those who have this problem.  I have a TS 9020 and it had the "type of print head is ioncorrect" message.  I couldn't get rid of it no matter what I did.  Eventually I removed the cartridges and put it in printhead install position (holding stop until head moves to correct place).  Then I got a flashlight and examined the pins on the printer to see if something was stopping them from making contact.  I found that 1 pin was bent and also there was dust on the pin connection.  I was able to CAREFULLY straighten out the bent pin with a small plastic spudger from a cell phone repair kit. I brushed off the dust with a small soft bristled clean craft brush. After putting back the cartridges and closing the cover, the message went away and the printer has begun printing normally again!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

is these instructions for pixma mg6821
Highlighted
New Contributor

i can not find  the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.