Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

Me too. I have a Canon MX700. The error came on suddenly. One day, the printer was working fine. The next day, the "Type of print head in incorrect" popped up. I dismantled everything as the Support Note said. The error persists. Are my printer and spare ink cartridges now simply useless?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

I have a MG5420 and just cleaned/reset the print head. Still received the error message. I haven’t used this printer in months. What gives?
New Contributor

I receive this error on my Canon MG5670.

Have took out and put back the ink but still did not work.

Tried to switch off and on, but still does not work.

Do advise on how to resolve this error on my printer model.

Thank you!

New Contributor

Removed inks as suggested. Couldn't find the "Grey" lever as instructed. Where is it? I have a MX922

Product Expert

doc224,

Visit the following link for details about how to reseat the part.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143853

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.