Canon Community Canon Community

Re: Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

Hello wdegler1,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

We suggest reaching out to our US-based technical support team for further troubleshooting. They're available by phone during the week at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 10am to 10pm (ET), or anytime by email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF  

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

New Contributor

Re: Error Message is saying "Type of print head in incorrect. Install correct print head

I have the same message error for my printer. Model: MG5570

New Contributor

How to solve my canon pixma MG5570 series always come out printhead error when I turn onthe printer, the canon logo appear then nothing after that "error "

Hello Chinyikhong,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

We suggest reaching out to our US-based technical support team for further troubleshooting. They're available by phone during the week at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 10am to 10pm (ET), or anytime by email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF  

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

New Contributor

I just received this error today. I just changed the printer cartridges for the first time since updating to Windows 10. Not sure if this is the cause. I'm trying to print out tickets to a show tonight and the canon customer service # is Mon - Fri. Luckily I have a pdf on my phone, but this stinks. I've had this printer I don't know how long and it's been good but I guess I might have to get a new one- since it appears no one had posted here that their situation actually got solved. I'm thinking it's time to try Epson if this is how Canon is going to get us to buy new printers.

Hi tvasilovic! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. Our Technical Support team does provide support on the weekends via email. 

We hope this helps! 

New Contributor

mx870
New Contributor

Did you find it? I can't find the locker lever either.

New Contributor

Deeply disappointed in this Canon product (Pixma MG555). Totally unclear why, after 2 years, it should say 'Type of Pinter Head Incorrect', and freeze up - right when I am on a journalistic deadline and urgently needed to print somethng. I followed the instructions about relocating the head, which were totally unclear; there is no locking lever on the side, in fact it's a tray that slides out from the front. I performed this messy, awkward, finger-pinching operation 4 times before the printer worked again. Then it packed up once again, displaying the same message. I spent a further hour this morning trying to fix it, wasting valuable working time, until it jammed up altogether. The printer is now in the rubbish bin - and I'm left with a pile of expensive ink, which I had just bought. Off to Currys now to buy a new printer - and it definitely will NOT be a Canon. Why Canon can make super cameras, and such awful, noisy, lousy, unreliable printers, is beyond me.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I tried the removal of the print head and then replaced it; I did that twice but it did not work.  My next plan is just to order a new print head.

@Michael wrote:

Hello pd.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

Plug the power back in and turn the printer on.  If the error persists, please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance with this issue. 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer