cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message B200 for Canon Pixma MG5320

jg71
Apprentice

I have an error message B200 on my Pixma MG5320 that says "Unplug power cord and contact service center."  I'm more than 100 miles from my nearest Canon service center.  Any fix for this error message other than to buy a new printer?  With the price of gas, driving 200 miles round trip to fix the printer really isn't feasible.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi jg71,

If turning off the printer, unplugging the power cord and leaving it out for at least 10 minutes, then plugging it back in and turning it back on does not resolve the error, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dear Ramona,

Thank you very much for replying.  I do appreciate it.  However, I have been in contact with Canon and what I laughingly refer to as their Canon Loyalty program.  I have thrown away the printer and will be purchasing an HP as a replacement.  After the treatment I have received from Canon, I won't be purchasing any Canon products. 

Thanks again for your reply.  Have a great day.

jg71

HP doesn't have any of the quality features that CANON has,
Printing, Scanning, etc. NO ! I don't work for Canon !
I have DEEP researched Epson, and HP, and it doesn't cut
it for me.

Why?  Why do I get this Error Message on a Printer that was working fine?  "Unplug power cord and contact service center."

Unplugging doesn't work.  I have tons of Ink Cartriges that I purchased that are now absolete.

Why doesn't it give me a reason it has stopped working instead of just saying: "Unplug power cord and contact service center."?

I live too far from any service center.

I've purchased another Canon Printer out of Loyalty to Canon but why does Canon treat it's customers this way?  Obviously this particular Printer has this ongoing problem. It's not fair to consumers who TRUSTED Canon to be stuck with a Printer that was a LEMON.

Again... it is frustrating that error message doesn't give me a way to resolve this problem on my own.  Phones, computers, routers all have reset buttons.  Why doesn't the Canon MG5320 have a reset button?

I know there is probably nothing wrong with this Printer other than an internal error that the factory will reset and charge me $60.00 for.  I feel ripped off by Canon!

Loyal customers shouldn't be treated this way.

"Unplug power cord and contact service center."... is totally Bogus!

The MG5320 is a LEMON and the worst Printer I have ever purchased!!!

doowap
Apprentice
Some members GOT to clear it , by cleaning the printhead,
I tried this, with no avail. I replaced the printhead, and it come
on normally. QY6-0080

As I pointed out, 'THE CLEANING DID NOT HELP ME", these are some of the things,

when you are desperate to clear error codes, and NOT take it into the CANON

Service Center, YET .Unplugging , and waiting a short period of time, etc.

We do anything we can , and hopefully it will clear the error codes.

But after doing these operations, and it still gives an ERROR,

Replacing the printhead, OR taking into the Canon Service Center.

BTW, after getting my 5320 working, I packed it up , for future use,

and upgraded to a 8220, WOW ! What a machine, and under

WARRANTY.

Happy Printing.

Announcements