Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code B200

grampatex
Apprentice

Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

I have a Canon Pixma iP4300. I received the B200 eror code just after I had put in some new cartridges. The problem was how to take out the cartridges as the carriage wouldn't move to an accessible position.

I solved this by getting a soldering iron and melting a hole in the plastic top cover. Ugly but better than junking the printer. With the cartridges removed I still get the error message. **bleep**. Will keep trying.

canoncrap
Apprentice

How do I release the print head carriage so that I can replace the ink tanks and access the print head?  It is locked in it's parked position.

Thank you!

mary0552
Apprentice

Do a web search  by typing in the following: Workaround for B200 Error on Canon Printers .  Then find the one that directs you to Tomshardware dot com (the web address is aways under the title and descriptionof the websearch findings.  Flying-Q has found a fix and posted it there.  I've needed to use several times when I get the B200 error and it works great!  

I am also thinking that one of the reasons I may be getting this error is because when my Canon output tray opens, it often hits my computer chair making the tray impossible to fully open.  I then move my chair out of the way, but wonder if that happening repeatedly over time could have set the error in the printer.  Well, I guess I'll find out now that I have relocated the printer so this will not happen.  If I continue to get the B200 error, I will know tht was not the cause.  But do go to that website for the fix

MusicLvr
Apprentice

For those who have the carriage locked to one side or the other, try this. It worked on my Pixma MG5522.

With the printer plugged in, and the cover open, push the on button about 5 or 6 times, quickly. I tried this at first with the cover closed and it didn't work. Having the cover open was the key. This MAY get rid of the error code and get your printer working.

Mine was back to normal very briefly. I tried to run a deep cleaning from the computer interface and got the error message again. However, the carriage did not get stuck all the way over to the left again, as it had before. So at least I was able to remove the cartridges and print head to do the cleaning. Waiting for it to dry and hoping that will be the solution. 

Very frustrating, as I have only had this printer for about 2 years with light to moderate use.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Lost58
Apprentice
Hello I have the Canon MX922 and I am getting the B200 code as well.. however I can not find the gray lever to take the print head out... I have barely used this printer and I am getting very frustrated that it is having a problem..

Hi, Lost58.

Please visit the following link for a step-by-step guide on how to remove the printhead: http://Canon.us/dp6q

If the error remains, or there is any difficulty in the procedure, our US-based technical support team is standing by at

http://Canon.us/ContactLI  24/7 via Email or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Adamfarrow21
Apprentice

I have a MX922 which is giving a B200. I put new ink in the unit after the code. I took out the print head and used Q tips to clean the head and the excess around the head. What is next? I did unplug it for a month plugged it in and it printed 3 pages and back to B200. I do not have time to call tech support during work so I need help please or a tech to call me.

Hi Adamfarrow21,

We are unable to place outgoing calls from Canon's Contact Center.  You may always email Technical Support and they can assist you with resolving this error.

Please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a Pixma Pro9500 Mark II and have have received the B200 error plus the 10-flash orange light. Looking on-line it seems it is likely a printer head problem.  Looking at this site, it appears this is a common problem, but I have yet to see a solution.

The Contact for help site is worthless. After two weeks of calling, I have never made contact with a single person. Either I get a 'We are closed' message (regardless of the time of day), or put on hold for 20+ inutes with no answer. Emails over the same period have all gone unanswered.

Hi, MikeAdams!

Thanks for trying to contact us.  Our over-the-phone printer support team is available Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time (7 AM to 7 PM PT). While Monday mornings and early afternoons are our busiest times of the week, you can usually get through at all other hours with little to no wait time.  We invite you to give us a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  There is no charge at all for our support.

As for email support, our technicians usually answer quite promptly.  Please make sure that our correspondence hasn't accidentally wound up in your email's spam folder.

We look forward to working with you!

Announcements