cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Error Code 5011

ashbyv
Apprentice

I have a Cannon MX922, i am getting code "5011" cancel printing. Turn off and plug in, if problem persist call support. I did so and i am asking for help. did not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

AnnP,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Crista
Whiz

Hi ashbyv!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

ashbyv
Apprentice

CAn you tell me what it could possibly mean? I have looked for paper jams and no luck there. I have contacted support and waiting on them to email me back. Just thought maybe i could get a jump start. Also, may i ask, the lights on the cartirdges are they suppose to be on at all times when printer is turned on? Thanks for your assistance.

thanks a lot this really assisted me wow I almost took it back to the supplier 

Ramona
Authority

Hi ashbyv,

The lights on the ink tanks in the printer should be lit when the printer is turned on.  The 5011 error is a general hardware error; since you have already verified that there are no paper jams in the printer, with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed and print head areas of the printer to verify that there are no other obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.   Once this has been done, if you reset the printer and still reeive the same error, it will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Error 5011

I bought a new MG6852 and want to start, but it's not working. I directly get the message Support code 5011.

I turned the device off and tried again. But every time the same message 

derynb
Apprentice

Thank you....this worked for me when I was just about to bin it !!Smiley Wink

sirenajones
Apprentice
OMG THIS WORKED!!
(after several youtube vids and days of headbanging..... THANK YOU) You changed my life in this small but very important way ! 😄

It got me out of the error code but my pc won't recognize the printer. When I turn off the printer, it will not turn on anymore. I have to unplug the power cable and plug it back in to power on the printer but the error code comes up again.

Edit: I fixed it by opening the ink cartridge compartment cover. [Removed link to 3rd party per Forum Community Guidelines]

What exactly did you do? It sounds like you found a solution but I seen no real solution posted here.

Announcements