cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 5 156 69

mmeynard
Apprentice

I need help, I installed the Pixma E402 to a new PC with Windows 10 and when I try to use the scaner I get the Error Code 5 156 69, saying the printer is not connected or turn off; but that it is connected (it prints just fine). I don't have that problem with my very old laptop. I turn off the firewall with no success either (McAfee).

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

This error usually occurs if a firewall or anti-spyware program is blocking communication to the scanner.  If the error remains after you have disabled this software, you may have to add exceptions for the TCP and UDP ports which are used by the printer.  Visit THIS LINK for details about what ports are used.  Contact the manufacturer of the firewall software for assistance with adjusting the settings in their software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this same issue on the PIXMA MG2922 -- the suggested solution does not work for me. I see no ports being blocked. In addition, mine is connected by USB.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi thleo,

Please try disabling your security software and then attempting to scan again using the IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements