cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 5 156 69 - SECOND REQUEST PLEASE(help)

YazIAm
Apprentice

Has anyone solved this issue yet?  Looked at board responses and tried some of the recommended fixes to no avail.  Have a Pixma MG 2120 printer/scanner/fax machine.  When I plug my Pixma into port on my Gateway Window 8.1 laptop, I get the 5,156,69 error message when I attempt to scan from my Widows 8.1.  When I hook up my Pixma to my Dell Dimension Series XP desktop computer, I have no issues scanning.  I desire to be able to use my Gateway machine for scanning as well.  Anyone have a legitimate fix for this in 2017?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

manuelnillo
Apprentice

I have the same problem. code:1,156,69. usb connected to my windows Omen laptop.

Hi manuelnillo,

The 5,156,69 error can be caused by security software that is enabled on your computer preventing 2-way communication. Printing uses 1-way communication to send data from the pc to the printer and is normally not affected the way scanning can be. This is because scanning uses 2-way communication, sending data in the other direction, from the scanner to the pc.

Do you have Norton, McAfee, Webroot, AVG or any other security programs installed on your computer? If so, please disable it temporarily and try again. If it works while disabled, you may need to contact the security software manufacturer to learn how to change some settings on the software to allow 2-way communication. 

We hope this helps!

Announcements