cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 1007 on Canon MX922

xbloodymachetex
Apprentice

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read this message.I have a Canon MX922 and no matter from what device that I am printing from I keep getting the message, "There is no paper in the casette." I look and there's paper. So I turn it off and turn it back on, "There is no paper in the casette." I take out the tray, flip the paper, and put it back in. "There is no paper in the casette." I make sure that it's the right size and everything but still, "There is no paper in the casette."

Can someone please help me? As this is happening constantly. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, Hewitt.

If the printer isn't detecting 4" x 6" paper in the upper cassette, (with the power on,) remove the paper, check that the paper guides are set to the correct size, and ensure the paper is loaded print-side down.  If you're not sure which side is the print side, lightly moisten your finger and touch a corner on each side.  The print side will feel more sticky when your finger is moist.  Once you reinsert the paper cassette, you will be prompted to set the paper size; ensure it matches the size and type of paper loaded.

If the paper still isn't detected, or the printer tries to feed it and cannot, remove the paper and perform a roller cleaning.  

Note: some programs or apps on Mac OS restrict print options based on what they're designed to print. You may need to print from another app or program.  Compatible Canon-produced programs are available, free of charge, on the MX922 Drivers & Downloads page.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800 OK CANON (1-800-652-2666) 8 am to 8 pm ET, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi xbloodymachetex,

The 1007 support code indicates there is no paper in the cassette (upper). This message usually occurs when you are printing an item set for 4”×6” or 5”×7” photo paper.

If the 1007 support code continues to appear on the screen of the printer, please press and release the STOP button. That will cancel the print job and should return the printer to it’s default ready screen.

Please open the item that you were trying to print and bring up the print dialog box. Make sure the paper size is set to US Letter and the media type is set to Plain Paper. After confirming these settings please go ahead and print your item.

If the issue persist, please reply with the requested information below:

• What operating system are you running? (e.g. Windows 10 | Windows 7 | Mac OS X High Sierra Ver. 10.13.x | Mac OS X Yosemite Ver. 10.10.x | Chromebook | Android Mobile Device | Apple Mobile Device)
  • What is the connection method between the printer and computer? (Wireless LAN | Wired LAN | USB)
  • What type of product are you printing? (Document | Image)
  • What type of paper are you printing on? (Plain Paper | Photo Paper | Card Stock | Business Card)
  • What are the print settings within the print dialog box?
  • Does the issue persist when printing from different applications? (e.g. eMail | PDF | Word Document | Picture | Notepad)

Hello, I am using a Mac with High Sierra 10.13.6, a wired connection with my desktop IMac to the MX922.  trying to print on glossy 4 x 6" paper but constantly am told that the printer sees no paper in that upper cassette.  Printer does print on full size paper.  what to do? Thank you for your assistance.   

Hi, Hewitt.

If the printer isn't detecting 4" x 6" paper in the upper cassette, (with the power on,) remove the paper, check that the paper guides are set to the correct size, and ensure the paper is loaded print-side down.  If you're not sure which side is the print side, lightly moisten your finger and touch a corner on each side.  The print side will feel more sticky when your finger is moist.  Once you reinsert the paper cassette, you will be prompted to set the paper size; ensure it matches the size and type of paper loaded.

If the paper still isn't detected, or the printer tries to feed it and cannot, remove the paper and perform a roller cleaning.  

Note: some programs or apps on Mac OS restrict print options based on what they're designed to print. You may need to print from another app or program.  Compatible Canon-produced programs are available, free of charge, on the MX922 Drivers & Downloads page.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800 OK CANON (1-800-652-2666) 8 am to 8 pm ET, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much, Darius. your advice worked, as I did the roller cleaning. Peter

While I was gone someone messed up my printer. Now it's telling me there i s no paper in the LOWER cassette when there is and I've checked it a million times.

Now what?

Hi themaclady.

Check the paper loaded in the lower tray.  Make sure that the paper guides are set for the size of the paper, that the paper is not resting on or pinched by the guides, and that it doesn't extend over the plastic "teeth" at the end of the tray.  If the paper still does not feed, remove it, perform a roller cleaning, and then reinsert it. Make sure the paper size loaded and registered on the printer matches the size requested by the computer.  If this still doesn't correct the problem, check that the paper in use is intended for inkjet printers; paper designed specifically for laser printers may be too slick to feed reliably.

Note: while similar, A4 and Letter are different enough in size that selecting one for the other may cause paper jams and feed errors.

I checked the paper many times. I had to shut the printer off and restart it... that fixed it. Never had that happen. Especially with such a nice paper tray that  is out of the dirt, and you really can't put the paper in wrong!

Windows 10
What is the connection method between the printer and computer?| USB)
What type of product are you printing? Image)
What type of paper are you printing on? Photo Paper
What are the print settings within the print dialog box?
Does the issue persist when printing from different applications? (e.g. eMail | PDF | Word Document | Picture | Notepad) Yes
Announcements