cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error B200

thud413
Apprentice

Printer MX882 which had been working fine for a few years.  Then bad printer head error appeared. Tried cleaning, flushing with no avail.  Ordered a new print head.  Installed and promply got an B200 error, which I have been trying to solve with solutions on the net with no results. Its been a good printer and really don't want to buy another, but...  Not sure if it will be a Canon after reading about all the Canon printers having an B200 error that hard to solve. I opened the lid, watched the print head get to half way and close the lid.  The printer went to the opening page, tried to print and the error popped up.  Also put all new printer containerd in the print head.

Thud413

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thud413
Apprentice

Update.  Tried the the solutions for the B200 error that I was getting with the new printhead with no luck.  Finally took the old one and flush it out under hot water and scrubbed the contacts with a cleaning cloth.  Let it set a while, then installed it and turned the printer on. Success.  Printer startup without the wrong printhead message and I was able to print again.  Looks like the new printhead is defective.  Not sure how long printing will be abvailable.  Will posted anything new.

Thud413

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I probably would have done all of the steps you performed.  Much of the time now, a replacement printhead can cost as much or more that the initial investment.  Plus your time.

The 882 is a bit older and parts are actually affordable. 

Please see this KB article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART110876

Its discouraging when a new part doesn't fix.  The videos availble for flushing and maintenance are pretty good, but as you are slowly finding, you may not be able to beat this one as the issue may have another underlying cause. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, going to try flushing all again, then will start looking for a new printer.  Hate to, this one has been a good printer.

Bill

Good Morning,

You shouldn't have to flush a new printhead.  If the inks were also replaced, I don't see how they would be the source of the problem either.  It appears there is another cause for the error.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

B200 error code is a result of print heads not being cleaned due to under or over use of printer.  SOLUTION: Unplug printer as suggested.  Open panels to reveal ink cartridges. Remove ink cartridges and slide top retaining bracket to the left to reveal ink wells.  Use rubbing alcohol and plenty of Q-Tips to clean ink wells & printer cartridges.  Let sit for 2 hours or longer so all alcohol dries.  Put ink cartridges back in place and turn on machine.   

thud413
Apprentice

Update.  Tried the the solutions for the B200 error that I was getting with the new printhead with no luck.  Finally took the old one and flush it out under hot water and scrubbed the contacts with a cleaning cloth.  Let it set a while, then installed it and turned the printer on. Success.  Printer startup without the wrong printhead message and I was able to print again.  Looks like the new printhead is defective.  Not sure how long printing will be abvailable.  Will posted anything new.

Thud413

Alumainkster
Contributor

B200 error code is a result of print heads not being cleaned due to under or over use of printer.  SOLUTION: Unplug printer as suggested.  Open panels to reveal ink cartridges. Remove ink cartridges and slide top retaining bracket to the left to reveal ink wells.  Use rubbing alcohol and plenty of Q-Tips to clean ink wells & printer cartridges.  Let sit for 2 hours or longer so all alcohol dries.  Put ink cartridges back in place and turn on machine.   

Alumainkster
Contributor

Announcements