cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5100

Jwhite1022
Apprentice

I have a brand new Pixma TS5120 and it is throwing a 5100 error I am unable to clear it. Is there a fix or did we buy a dud printer. We have printed maybe 10 pages out of it before it started getting the error. We can't even use it anymore because of this. We turn it on and immediatly get the error, preventing any further use. I could use so help. 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Start here:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/TS5100%20series/EN/ERR/5100.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jwhite1022,

If the 5100 persists, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

5100 (TS5120 - 1 year old) error keeps returning monthly. Already went through support and just reiterated all the steps again. $19 bucks per hour and still no resolve, advising to return it for service. I get the Canon business model now. Buyer beware!

Hi, Pledgepin_99!  As Canon's US-based support squad does not charge by the hour, you may want to make sure you actually reached us.  If you haven't already registered your PIXMA TS5120, you can click HERE to do so and that will grant you access to all of your support options including our toll-free number.

We hope to get this resolved soon!

vlosquirlCAN
Apprentice

I have been having this same problem for over 2 weeks!  I have changed ink cartridges and still getting error.  I follow the instructions to turn the printer off and on again and it usually works after 3-4 times doing this.  Does anyone else have a solution short of taking it in for service?

Announcements