cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2101 - MG3520 prints scanned card on upper left corner but not on lower left corner

Forge
Apprentice

Hi,

My MG3520 prints a scanned card from the upper left corner of the scanner (near ARROW) but not on the lower left corner (near the A4 marker) (black & white)

I've tried all possible Utilities via network, updated its firmware to 1.1 but the only thing that solves this Support Code 2101 is to disable 'Detect Paper Width'.

This didn't use to happen before; I've had it for at least 3 years, and it's in good condition, performing all other tasks as expected.

Please assist.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Forge,

To better assist you, we will need some more information. Please reply with the answers to the following questions:

• What size and type of paper are you trying to print on?
  • Are you trying to make a copy directly from the printer?
  • What is the size of the card that is scanned?

If this is a time sensitive issue, I recommend contacting call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Arthur,

- Letter, conventional;

- Yes;

- 4x2.5 inches.

Thanks!

Hi Forge,

The paper position on the platen glass should not affect the paper loaded on the front tray, but may cause scans to appear cut off.

The 2102 Support Code indicates that the printer has detected that the paper was fed aligned to one side.  Please check that the paper is loaded properly in the front tray.

Example below:

After confirming the paper is loaded in the center of the front tray and the paper guides are aligned with both edges of the paper stack, press the machine's Black or Color button to dismiss the error.

If the error returns, I recommend contacting chat or telephone support by clicking HERE.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements