cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1485

boxkicker
Apprentice

I have a MG2522 printer. I recently in stalled new ink cartridges. They worked fine when I first put them in now I am getting an error code 1485 saying that they are not compatible. I checked and they are the correct ones.

PG245 and CL246

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi boxkicker,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error still appears, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

It was suggested on another forum that the cartridges were defective. I got new ones and so far it is printing

Steve5624
Apprentice

I have the same problem genuine canon cartridge lcd is stuck on unsupported blk ink cartridge printer is now useless paid £14 .00 for this ink not happy at all worked twice .

shunkw
Apprentice

Sounds like Canon is trying to sell more ink cartridges. Brand new cartridge is giving me the 1485 error and it is obviously the correct cartridge. Why would Canon lock me out of using the correct cartridge just because it doesn't like something about the cartridge?

Announcements