cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1410 on PIXMA MX922

rhadler200
Apprentice

I have an error of 1410 that will not go away.  The printer cartridge had been working fine, then the printer said it did not recognize it.  I went ahead and replaced it with an original Canon cartridge as usual and the printer is still giving me the error.  I work off of windows 10 if that makes any difference.

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks again keep up the good work! (:

Hi!

I just want to say that I created an account because I wanted to say thank you.

I could not find another solution until I found your post!

You are the real MVP!

Thanks so much.

Was about to throw printer out after spending a number of hours cleaning the print head, changing the cartridge identified by the machine, etc. Who would have thought that the faulty cartridge was not the one identified. Shame on Canon for not publishing this counterintyuitive solution instead of finding it through a user! A design defect should be identified and published by the manufacturer,

Thanks for giving me hope!

I tried it, but it did not work. Still getting 1410 error and 4 unrecognized cartridges.

Can you please go into more detail of what you did? Did you start by taking out all of the cartridges, for example? Does it matter the order in which you replace them? Did you close the cover after inserting each cartridge? DId  you ever turn the power off during this process? And any other detail so I can make sure that this works or does not for me. Thanks!

Thank you for posting your solution. I bet there are so many others that have saved time and expense thanks to your  remedy. 

Thank you for your post.  Just spotted your reply and it worked for me also although I have to replace 5 perfectly good non-Canon ink cartriges.  I guess that's what Canon wanted us to do in the first place !  Thanks again for your help.  Appreciate it.

dclark_cannon
Apprentice

that error 1410 is a shocker.   like one tank went out and it was actually a different one that needed replacement.   we really like this printer.  glad that canon has this support page.   I changed the other cartridges and ... the error went away! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements