cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1410 on PIXMA MX922

rhadler200
Apprentice

I have an error of 1410 that will not go away.  The printer cartridge had been working fine, then the printer said it did not recognize it.  I went ahead and replaced it with an original Canon cartridge as usual and the printer is still giving me the error.  I work off of windows 10 if that makes any difference.

16 REPLIES 16

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rhadler200,

The 1410 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 does not recognize an ink tank.

When you open the cover to your printer, each one of the 5 ink tanks lights should be lit up.

If one of the lights is not lit, please remove that ink tank and check for tape/cellophane.

Look in the slot where the ink tank is inserted to make sure there isn't something in the slot that would cause the ink tank to not be recognized.

If the error persists, please try a new genuine Canon ink tank.

If the new Canon ink tank is not recognized, your printer may require service.  Please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have already done as you suggested prior to posting on this forum. All the lights are lit. I inserted a brand new cartridge (Canon)  to see if the old one had malfunctioned, to no avail. I can't get through to anyone at Canon.

Thanks for trying.

Ricky

Hi rhadler200,

If you are still getting the 1410 with both the old and new tanks the printer would need service. The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

I received error 1410 and did all the things advised.  I even removed the print head and cleaned it.  All to no effect. 

We bought a new MX922 and it works fine wtih the cartridge supplier we use. As a last effort before trashing the non-functional MX922, I called Canon support and described the problem.  The agent stepped me through some steps that were totally non-rational, but totally corrective.  We now own two printers that work.

Here is the solution:

The problem is that the error-code-1410 screen gives reverse information.  For example, if it shows  PGBK as the failed cartridge that is the reverse of the actual fact.  No matter how many PGBK cartridges we tried, the message came back that the PGBK cartridge was not recognized. In fact, the PGBK was the only functional cartridge.  The agent walked me through a replacement step - cartridge by cartridge.  First I replace the M (magenta) cartridge and closed all the covers.  The error screen showed M and PGBK as the failed cartridges (totally reverse of the fact).  I continued replacing the cartridges that were showing as good until the last showing-good one was replaced.  Then the printer work up and worked fine.  KUDOS to the Canon technical support agent.

I don't understand such reverse instructions.  If I were looking for a bad actor, I would suggest that this is an attempt to have the printer owner take the printer in for repair and pay the charge for a simple, DIY repair, plus the cost of new cartridges.  If that is so, this is a bad business model.  Shame on you.

Thank you, thank you!  After months of trying and then buying a new printer this thread got my mx922 working again.

Glad to hear that this solution helped.

Thank you so much! Printer worked Monday, error 1410 on Tuesday, when i need to scan tax documents. Was ready to go get a new printer. Cost me two new tanks of black ink; (would not work unless I replaced those also). small price to pay. 

I can't thank you enough for your post about how you were told to fix error code 1410.

I have been hassling with it for weeks looking up hacks on the internet. Buying new original equiptment cartridges etc.

Nothing was working just about ready to return cartridges and junk the printer which is my 2nd one an MX922 and I like it well enough, it is a 2nd back-up printer for my small office.

My printer had full ink cartridges and then all of sudden could not recognize PGBK cartridge.

How canon printer can do that and no easy fix. I did what you said and changed each cartridge one at a time with a new cartridge starting with magenta and son of a gun it worked.

I've been tearing my hair out and I was so fortunate to run across your fix.

Thank you so much, and "Shame on Canon" !

So glad it worked for you AMK47.  This was a major hassel for me, and I was elated when the solution worked.  I now have two printers - the old one that was revived, and the new one I purchased before I found the solution.

Announcements