cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envelope Print Preview Problem

Telescopist
Apprentice

Out of the blue when I select and address from a list (I'm using Time & Chaos) the envelope preview window does not display the address or my return address. I attempted to resolve this issue by opening up Canon My Printer>Printer. I was able to confirm that in  Settings>Envelope>Comm Envelope #10>that Preview before printing - checked. This is an issue with envelopes only. A preview window crops up say when I am in Word prior to printing. TIA! 

4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and what model printer you have. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Whoops. I apologize for the lack of specifics. I am running Win 10 Home. The printer is an MX870. Thanks.

Hello.

There should be a way of specifying the printer settings in the Envelope menu of Word.  Try using that menu to access the preferences menu for the printer.  This should allow you to specify the envelope media type and paper size before printing.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your advice. I had already looked at the settings in the Envelope menu of Word. This did not solve the problem. The problem was resolved when I downloaded what I assumed to be an updated driver. Then and only then was I able to successfully print out envelopes.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements