cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy-PhotoPrint Update?

Rwhale
Apprentice

Are there any updates to the Easy-PhotoPrint EX software for use with Mac OS 10.15.3 (Catalina)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi angelibm,

Easy-PhotoPrint has been updated, the new version is called Easy-PhotoPrint Editor.  It is available for download.  To download and install Easy-PhotoPrint Editor, please follow these steps:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Ver.1.4.0 (Mac)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The application will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.

5.  Double click "mepd-mac-1_4_0-ea11.dmg" to begin the installation.

6.  A disk image will be created on the desktop.  Double click it.

7.  Double cilck the setup file.  Follow the on screen prompts to install.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Rwhale,

What is the model of Canon printer that you own?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ,

I have the same problem my printer is a Canon MG 7520, your help will be appreciated.

Hi angelibm,

Easy-PhotoPrint has been updated, the new version is called Easy-PhotoPrint Editor.  It is available for download.  To download and install Easy-PhotoPrint Editor, please follow these steps:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Ver.1.4.0 (Mac)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The application will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.

5.  Double click "mepd-mac-1_4_0-ea11.dmg" to begin the installation.

6.  A disk image will be created on the desktop.  Double click it.

7.  Double cilck the setup file.  Follow the on screen prompts to install.

Cool Thanks 🙂

Patrick,

I installed the Easy-PhotoPrint Editor as you described. Printing was straightforward, however, my prints are turning out with only yellow and magenta. No cyan or black. Prints fine from another computer on Mac OS Sierra running the older driver, so I know it's not an ink issue. Have triedd printing using both ColorSync and Canon Color Matching and get the same result.

Thoughts on what's going on?

20200403_122613_resized.jpg

ayleeneh,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), any error messages you're seeing, as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, Stephen. The printer is a Canon MG4120. Printing from a MacBook Pro early 2015 Retina:

2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

Thanks,

Ayleene

Forgot to mention, printing via WIFI.

Hi ayleeneh.

The MG4120 is not supported for use on Mac OS 10.15.  The drivers will work properly up to 10.12 (Sierra).  Beyond that, we can't be sure they'll function properly.

Since the MG4120 is not supported on your new computer's OS, one option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Announcements