cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 5B00 on Cannon MG6120

130wecreepin
Apprentice

i removed the ink pad and cleaned it but canot remove the error what can i do?

2 REPLIES 2

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello 130wecreepin,

At this point the printer would require service, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was so happy with my Canon 4200.  Just think, no more expensive cartriges.  It worked perfectly for about 2 years while still using the ink that came with the printer.  BUT  then error 5B00 self desctucted my printer.  Why buy a Canon if I have to buy a new printer every 2 years.  No software or hardware fix is available.  I am told by Canon to package it up and send it to them for repairs.  Well, if they can fix it, so can I.  What corporate arrogance!  There are no indications in the manual about length of use maximums or mumber of sheets printing limit.  I was relieved to get rid of my HP printer because it cost so much to buy cartriges.  Does Canon think their customers are so dumb to accept trashing an entire printer because of an error message which apparently can be fixed ONLY by them! Give me a break.  Be more fair to your customers than that.  Send me the software or hardware fix.  I don't care about Canon's warrenty just stand by your product.  This is a design flaw that needs to be addressed.

CANON, BE FAIR TO YOUR CUSTOMERS

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements