cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E05 error code on my MG3122

stangrout
Apprentice

We bought this all-in-one printer several years ago, and with the exception of it running through ink extremely rapidly, we have been satisfied with it, until yesterday when it doesn't want to print anymore. I had just installed a brand new Canon 241XL from Walmart to replace the empty one and it worked great for a few color printouts I needed. Within minutes after printing these sheets, though,  it wouldn't print anymore. The code E05 comes up which means the printer doesn't identify the print cartridges. It sure ID'd them at first - why did it suddenly not ID them? I have since tried removing and replacing both the black and the color cartridges several times to no avail. The printer will not print black OR color. What's the deal?

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi stangrout,

Support code E05 indicates that an ink cartridge is not seated properly, rather than that it is not recognized.  This happens most often with counterfeit or third-party inks.  I recommend replacing one or both inks with Canon genuine products.  If the error persists, the printer may need to be repaired or replaced.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements