cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dye-based ink instead of Pigment-based one. Canon Pixima MX922

nadjib
Apprentice

I am opting for refillable cartridges for Pixima MX922 because non-OEM cartridges are a bit expensive (much less OEM ones). I print a lot of pages as a Teacher, and my printer run out of ink every two weeks especially PGI-250 (sometimes i have to purchase the entire set just for PGI-250 cartridge !!! ).

Can I use dye-based ink on my Pixima MX922 in the large cartridge (pigment-based) ? knowing that i live in a country where i only have access to dye-based ink bottles. Simply because buying DIY bottles & cartridges are way cheaper than using non-OEM prefilled ones.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nadjib,

The PIXMA MX922 must use pigment ink with the PGI-250 ink tank.  Using a different type of ink will lead to incorrect printing and eventually a clogged printhead.

Canon USA does not recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in Canon printers.

Canon genuine inks are formulated specifically for use in our ultra-precise print head. Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications.

Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at http://shop.usa.canon.com/, or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon Direct Representative.

Should you decide to use inks manufactured by third parties in your Canon printer, and such inks cause damage to your product, this damage will not be covered under the product's limited warranty. Any repairs required as a result of such damage must be made at your expense

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements