cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 DuplexSurface Feature

billds
Apprentice

Hello,

When I print a document to the Pixma MG5320, one of the Printer Features is called DuplexSurface.
The choices for this setting are zero and 1, with a default of zero.
What is it? What does it do? And when would I set it to 1?
Zero is the amount of online info about this setting.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi billds,

Canon has not released a driver for the PIXMA MG5320, as it is not supported with macOS v10.14.

It is unclear as to what that option does, as it is not part of a Canon driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi billds,

So we can best assist you, please reply with the information to the following questions.

1. What version of Windows or Mac are you using?
  2. What program are you using to print?
  3. Are these settings from the print driver or print settings in the program you are printing from?

Also, could you also take a picture of the settings and attach it to your reply.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi ArthurJ,

1. Version of macOS: 10.14.6 (Mojave)
  2. Program used to print:  Preview
  3. Are these settings from the print driver or print settings in the program you are printing from?
    I believe the settings are from the printer driver, because changing printers (and thus changing drivers)
    without changing the program, causes the duplex settings to not be available.

DuplexSurface.png

Hi billds,

Canon has not released a driver for the PIXMA MG5320, as it is not supported with macOS v10.14.

It is unclear as to what that option does, as it is not part of a Canon driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is a very odd reply. In the driver for MacOS 12.4, that I just downloaded for a recently-purchased iB4120, I get the identical “printer features” list of options that @bilds shows. And from my wife's iMac where I just downloaded a driver for 12.4, we see the same list of options for our home MX922.

This “feature” is definitely a part of Canon software.

I went looking for this because Microsoft Word recently mangled ITS print dialog interface, to remove the Duplex option; I was able to solve it by using Safari's dialog to set a default mode that prints Duplex. However, Canon software exposes this option that IMO ought to be removed or documented; the odd feature delayed my finding the answer I sought.

Announcements