cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex printing not supporting Grayscale mode

andersontsui
Apprentice

Hi,

I have an MG36XX series duplex printer on a Mac system. Everytime I choose duplex printing it will print black characters in mixed color with color cartridge. I know canceling dulpex mode will work fine. However, this feature is unreasonable and extremly inconvenient, or say not being GREEN to our environment.

Would you please please update the driver and modify this logic or allowing users to choose by themselves, when they decide to print in dulplex mode or grayscale mode.

Small changes make big effects. Thanks a lot for your attention.

Anderson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Anderson,

The PIXMA MG3600 series will use the color ink cartridge during duplex printing.  The color ink is dye based and dries more quickly than the pigment based black.  This is important, as the paper can be fed back into the printer more quickly the sooner that the ink dries on the page.  If pigment ink was used and the printer printed at the same speed, ink would transfer onto the printer and would cause streaks on the printed page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Anderson,

The PIXMA MG3600 series will use the color ink cartridge during duplex printing.  The color ink is dye based and dries more quickly than the pigment based black.  This is important, as the paper can be fed back into the printer more quickly the sooner that the ink dries on the page.  If pigment ink was used and the printer printed at the same speed, ink would transfer onto the printer and would cause streaks on the printed page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oh, thanks for your reply. Hope Canon can solve this issue in the future.Man Happy

Announcements