Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Driver Download

In attempting to download and install drivers and software for my Pixma MG7520 to a Dell XPS13 notebook running on Windows 10, I received the error message "Can't create output file"

Product Expert

Re: Driver Download

[ Edited ]

Hi K-10,

To resolve this error, please follow the steps from the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART162911

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

When I right click on file, my only options are:

Copy link

Show in folder

Report this download as unsafe

No option to re-name.

In addition, when I go to the location on my notebook of my downloads, it is not there.

It is located in C;\Users\kten1\AppData\Local\Temp\win-mg7500-1_0-ucd\MSetup4.exe

Have I not completed the download? I don't see any other options.

Product Expert

Hi K-10,

Based on the file name, I recommend trying this with just the printer/scanner driver not the full software. Please click the link below to download the MG7500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 file. Then try the steps again that Patrick sent you.

mp68-win-mg7500-1_01-ejs.exe

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions and renamed the downloaded file to a .zip file and extracted it and got the setup file but each time I selected the next step, the new page got smaller and smaller. When I got to the "Select the printer connection method", I selected wireless LAN but there is no visible button to select "OK" or "Next" or "continue", I think they are off the visible page which is only about 2" square and I can't enlarge it. I think you have the correct solution but somehow the program or my laptop (it couldn't possibly be the user) are misbehaving.