cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Draft Mode?

bookkeepingmama
Apprentice

I'm using Mac OS X and MX922.  How do I print in draft mode? It's greyed out and as a result I'm using much more ink than I can afford.

12 REPLIES 12

Ramona
Authority

Hi bookkeepingmama,

If you cannot select the "draft" option with the current printer driver, before printing, please go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES, then PRINT AND SCAN.  Click on the minus button to remove the current listing for your printer.  Next, on the left side there will be an option to add a printer; click on the + button.  Select your printer and under "USE" select the Canon MX920 Series printer instead of AirPrint.  

If you still are unable to select the draft option, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can the printer settings be set to this DRAFT mode as default?

STILL HAVING ISSUES -

I've done as was suggested above and can now choose 'draft mode'. But now when I try and print the dialogue box opens, it says it's printing and the job then vanishes, but the printer hasn't even stired. So can't print anything!

Help!

Thanks

Edit: I just realised, when adding it again my model didn't show and I picked a different one - so this could be why. So how do I get my model to show as an option?

Thanks

stratton
Apprentice

I have same problem - won't print in draft mode with Mac OS X and TS5050.  Is there another quick fix for this printer too? Thanks.

Hi stratton,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! I wouldn't have solved this quickly without your help!

The problem occured on a newly installed iMac with a wireless MG53xx printer.

rogerthat
Apprentice

I just did what was suggested and all that happened is the option to print black and white is no longer available. MB2320. This is the lousiest, useless, noisy, slow and pathetic printer ive ever owned. never will I buy another Canon

AMCarter3
Apprentice

Same problem with my Pixma TS-9020 and TS9100.

Success! The instructions sent back in 2016 (above) worked.
"If you cannot select the "draft" option with the current printer driver, before printing, please go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES, then PRINT AND SCAN. Click on the minus button to remove the current listing for your printer. Next, on the left side there will be an option to add a printer; click on the + button. Select your printer and under "USE" select the Canon MX920 Series printer instead of AirPrint. "
Announcements