cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need this: Windows Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch Ver.1.0.1

Blackink
Contributor

Hello, I have an MG6820 Canon printer.

Everything is working fine with my printer, nice unit too!!

I will be doing a clean install of my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit operation system soon and I plan on installing the Canon driver: MG6800 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP).

This driver is dated 7/22/2015.

Do I also need to install the security patch driver Ver. 1.0.1 that I put in the subject line that's dated 8/31/20?

Thanks for any help,

Steve in Central Vermont

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings:

What the security patch does:

The patch is to fix the folder vulnerability of the printer driver(s) installed in a PC. Without the patch, the applicable folder can be accessed and replaced by anyone if they directly log in to and operate the PC regardless whether they have the access right or not.

Basically it corrects NTFS folder level access permissions.  If you are the only person who will be using the machine the patch can be considered optional. It won't hurt either way. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the reply.

I am the only one using this computer and printer so I will not install it.

Much appreciated!!

Steve in Central Vermont

Announcements