Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Delete MP Drivers, then reinstall MP Drivers

Hello I have a Canon TS6050 printer and have got this message when I try and use the scanner

"Scanner reported an error - A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again."

I've read online that I need to Delete MP Drivers, then reinstall MP Drivers. I have a Mac with the latest OS Catalina and I can't find anywhere to delete or uninstall the drivers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delete MP Drivers, then reinstall MP Drivers

Greetings,

You printer is supported under OS Catalina, but I don't think there is an MP driver available.

Have you recently upgraded from a previous MAC OS?

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_t...

I see a CUPs driver for printing and an ICA driver for scanning.

I would suggest downloading each.  Then uninstall the printer and all of its software from your MAC.  

Apple menu, System Preferences > Printers and Scanners...  then right or ctrl+click from the printer dialog and select Reset Printing System.  

Note: if you have more than one printer installed, it will remove all of them.

Now user Finder > Applications folder and drag everything Canon into the trash.  Restart and run the new installers... CUPS first, then ICA.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Big Thank you Rick from the Bay Area.

I followed your instructions and it's all worked out and back to happily scanning again.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have this same problem- A Canon TS5060 recently upgraded Mac to Mojave Then after a few months the scanner is not working - The message 

"Scanner reported an error - A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again."

Have checked the utility, and TS5000 series is selcted but don't know how to get a required file, or reinstall, as a tech installed for me.